Richard Andrew Alm Missing in Action Vietnam, February 1, 1966 Marine Aerial Refueler Transport Squadron 152

Richard Andrew Alm 

Major

Unit: Marine Aerial Refueler Transport Squadron 152 

Date of Birth: 7-Sep-31
Date of Death: 1-Feb-66
City: Puyallup
State: WA

Notes: Major Alm was a member of the Marine Aerial Refueler Transport Squadron 152, 1st Marine Air Wing. On February 1, 1966, he was flying in a Lockeed Hercules Refueling Aircraft (KC-130F) refueling Marine aircraft in the Gulf of Tonkin near the coast of North Vietnam, when the tanker was hit by ground fire and crashed into the ocean. His remains were not recovered. His name is inscribed on the Courts of the Missing at the Honolulu Memorial. For more information see: http://taskforceomegainc.org/v020.html

Did you know Richard Andrew Alm? Did you serve with him? Did you wear his bracelet? Do you have a story of him or photo to share?  If you can answer yes to any of those questions, please leave a comment, so all can know that he has not been forgotten.

3 comments:

Alexis Hammond said...

I wear Major Richard Andrew Alm's MIA bracelet, and before me my grandmother wore it. Still to this day there has be no discovery of his remains. Yet I still have hope that one day he will be found and brought back for he is not forgotten and never will be. For I will give this to my child an on till he is found. To all lost in Vietnam you are not forgotten and never will be!

Anonymous said...

What is your connection to Major Alm?

Leslie Rychel said...

To the family & friends of Major Alm,
I am proud to inform you that I wore Major Alm's bracelet during the Vietnam War era. (I was only in elementary school at that time.) My mom purchased MIA/POW bracelets for our entire family. We were NOT a military family, but we supported our troops. Many young men in the neighborhood were drafted and were sent to Vietnam. I am now an elementary principal and every year at our Veteran's Day Assembly, I wear my bracelet and explain the significance of it to my students. It has been a great honor and pleasure to do so. I hope that someone from Major Alm's family is able to see this message. Let us never forget. Leslie Rychel