Robert Leo Babula Missing in Action Vietnam August 28, 1966

Robert Leo Babula

Staff Sergeant

Date of Birth: 7-Mar-47
Date of Death: 28-Aug-66
City: Indiana
State: PA

Notes: Staff Sergeant Babula was a member of the 1st Platoon, Company K, 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines, 1st Marine Division. On August 28, 1966, he was declared Missing in Action while on a fire team ambush in Hoa Hai village, South Vietnam. His remains were not recovered. His name is inscribed on the Courts of the Missing at the Honolulu Memorial. For more information: http://www.pownetwork.org/bios/b/b001.htm

Did you know Robert Leo Babula? Did you serve with him? Did you wear his bracelet? Do you have a story of him or photo to share?  If you can answer yes to any of those questions, please leave a comment, so all can know that he has not been forgotten.

2 comments:

lisa said...

No I do not know Staff Sergeant Robert Leo Babula but I have been wearing a Pow MIA bracelet for many years and I have already given one bracelet back to a family and would love to give this one back to his family. I just want everyone to know I am 50 I have been wearing these bracelets since I was 11. I hate our HEROS from Vietnam WERE NOT WELCOMED HOME......just know I welcome you now I know its late but I was a child back then Thank you and God bless u all
alluapto@yahoo.com

KM Shackleford said...

I also wear his bracelet, and have for over ten years. May his family know his sacrifice is deeply appreciated, his loss is mourned, and his memory is not forgotten in my heart.