Ellis Ernest Austin Missing in Action Vietnam April 21, 1966

Ellis Ernest Austin

Commander

Unit: Attack Squadron 85 

Date of Birth: 6-Jan-22
Date of Death: 21-Apr-66
City: Vermontville
State: MI

Notes: Commander Austin was a member of Attack Squadron 85, Carrier Air Wing 11, U.S. Navy aboard the Aircraft Carrier USS KITTY HAWK (CVA-63).On April 21, 1966, he was the pilot of a Grumman Attack Aircraft Intruder (A-6A) on a misssion to attack a supply area near te mouth of the inland waterway of North Vietnam when contact was lost. His remains were not recovered. His name is inscribed on the Courts of the Missing at the Honolulu Memorial. For more information see:  http://cinnaminn.0catch.com/austin2.html

Did you know Ellis Ernest Austin? Did you serve with him? Did you wear his bracelet? Do you have a story of him or photo to share?  If you can answer yes to any of those questions, please leave a comment so all can know he has not been forgotten.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ellis is my grandfather. I wish I could have known him. My mother and her family have not forgotten him. RIP.

The Reptile Guy said...

Thanks for leaving a comment. Your family has made a huge sacrifice for the rest of us. Thank you very much.

Anonymous said...

I wish I had known my Uncle Ellis but his sacrifice touches my heart daily.

Anonymous said...

I wish I had known my Uncle Ellis but his sacrifice touches my heart daily.