Lieutenant's Vietnam War Letter July 5, 1968


This letter was written by a U.S. Lieutenant, who was in Vietnam, July 5, 1968. From the letter…..

   This letter is going to be as short as the page since this is all I have.
   I received your surprise today along with two letters you wrote on the 29th. Needless to say I was extremely surprised. Where did you get those tapes? I can’t believe it. It’s great. I will have many hours of listening pleasure.
   I want to tell you that you put me in a very apprehensive mood today, with your letter. You said that you had a problem since you haven’t’ started yet. All I can say is that I hope everything turns out alright. I’ll also say that no matter what happens. I’ll be with you. If everything is alright when you receive this letter you can laugh at me, OK? Anyway, I wouldn’t change a thing what happened in the past.
   About that double wedding, I’m very flexible with these matters, but to tell you the truth. I don’t want to share the moment that you and I get married with anyone else. I guess that is being extremely selfish, isn’t it?
   Well, as I said I am very flexible. Please find out for me, what the general feeling is. I try to please as many people as possible.
   Tomorrow and Sunday are very big days her at Tuy Hoa. We officially open our club. There is going to be a two day celebration. Great times, huh?
   In the remaining space. I would just like to situate a few things.  Thank you again honey for those tapes. I really appreciate them.
   I hope everything turns out well for you, especially since we are so far apart. I can’t bear the thought of you enduring hardships alone. Especially those brought ton by me.

All my love,

No comments: