William Tamm Arnold Missing in Action Vietnam November 18, 1966

William Tamm Arnold

Lieutenant Commander

Unit: Attack Squadron 22 

Date of Birth: 25-Jun-40
Date of Death: 18-Nov-66
City: West Allis
State: WI

Notes: Lieutenant Commander Arnold, U.S. Naval Reserve, was a member of the Attack Squadron 22, Carrier Air Wing 2 aboard the Aircraft Carrier USS CORAL SEA (CVA-43). On November 18, 1966 he was the pilot of a Douglas Attack Aircraft Skyhawk (A-4C) on a coastal weather reconnaissance mission about 20 miles south of Cap Mui Ron, North Vietnam when he his aircraft crashed. His remains were not recovered. His name is inscribed on the Courts of the Missing at the Honolulu Memorial. For more information see: http://www.virtualwall.org/da/ArnoldWT01a.htm

Did you know William Tamm Arnold? Did you serve with him? Did you wear his bracelet? Do you have a story of him or photo to share?  If you can answer yes to any of those questions, please leave a comment, so all can know that he has not been forgotten.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is not forgotten. I have his bracelet and am only finding out today what is know to have happened to LCDR William Arnold.

Anonymous said...

I also have his bracelet, was hoping to somehow send it to him or his family if they would like to have it.

Anonymous said...

I also have LCDR Arnold's bracelet. I bought it as a young junior high student in the 1970's. I am doing a report on the Vietnam War with my son and I pulled the bracelet from a box of keepsakes that I have. We just looked him up on the internet. After all these years I am sad to learn of his fate. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

Edwin Baughman said...

I, too, have his bracelet and think often about all military personnel that fought in this war.

Sandy Stapleton said...

I am just gong through my old jewelry box and came across Lcdr. Arnold's bracelet that I wore all through high school. I recall finding his name on my first visit to the VietNam Memorial and how impactful it was. Remembering hm on this President's Day.