Vietnam War Letter June 28, 1968 Lt. in Tuy Hoa

This letter was written by a Lieutenant who was in Vietnam, June 28, 1968. From the letter…..

I’m going to start this letter by saying that it will be extremely short. I was glad to hear that you made it home safely. I was also happy to receive a letter from you. In case you didn’t know. I miss you.
   I took a trip into Tuy Hoa today just to waste time. My job is still the same as it was when I left. Do nothing for ten hours a day. I am getting rather disgusted with the whole thing. I’ll stop, you don’t want to hear my complaining. I will say however that no matter how bad things get, all I have to do is close my eyes and think of you. You are the greatest morale booster there is.
   Our house girl brought a pineapple for us today. It was really good but didn’t quite match the quality of Dole. The Vietnamese think it’s funny that the Americans like fruit which they grow in the back yard.
    About your job, don’t worry about making a whole lot of money. Just get one you will be happy with OK?
   Well, I’m down to the end of the page and I must go to bed. I’ll write again tomorrow. I think about you always.

All my love,

No comments: