Vietnam War Letter, 1st Lieutenant, March 5, . 1968, VC Attack


Written by a 1st Lieutenant who was writing the letter from Vietnam, on March 5, 1968. From the letter.......


   I thought I had better write to you as soon as I had the chance. I didn't write again last night. I'm really getting bad aren't I? I'm sorry. Yesterday quiet a battle raged in Tuy Hoa City, which made things kind of hot here. (I'm about 8 miles from the city) Last night I went to the club and had dinner and a few drinks. After that I went and watched TV until 11:00. When I got back to the room I think I was asleep before my head hit the pillow. I was awakened ab0ut 3:00 AM by the sound of explosions. The VC tried an attack but failed. We had 5 men wounded but we got about 30 of them.
   I'm writing this letter while at work. I am extremely tired, as you might guess. The only thing on my mind besides you is getting some sleep. 
   I haven't received any mail in the last two days. What a demoralizing thing. I sure hope the situation improves. I guess I ought to write more than I do, but you are the only one I really feel like writing to. I think I'll write to my parents today. Time is so blurred over here. I can't even remember when I wrote to them last really amazing, the days and nights and weeks just merge together. It's really easy to lose track of days.
   I'm going to put a picture in with this letter but right now I don't know which one, so I won't be able to tell you anything about it.
   Well that's about all for now. Please give my love to your family. I'll write to you again tonight.

All my love,  
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: