Gerasimo Arroyo-Baez Missing in Action Vietnam March 24, 1969

Gerasimo Arroyo-Baez 

Sergeant First Class

Unit: Advisory Team 71, Military Assistance Command, Vietnam 

Date of Birth: 5-Feb-31
Date of Death: 24-Mar-69
City: Maunabo
State: PR

Notes: Sergeant First Class Arroyo-Baez was a member of Advisory Team 71, Military Assistance Command, Vietnam. On March 24, 1969, he was an advisor at Tam Soc, Ba Xuayn Province, South Vietnam, near Saigon. He was taken prisoner and died in captivity. His remains were recovered on March 20, 1985. His name is inscribed on the Courts of the Missing at the Honolulu Memorial. For more information see: http://www.pownetwork.org/bios/b/b042.htm

Did you know Gerasimo Arroyo-Baez? Did you serve with him? Did you wear his bracelet? Do you have a story of him or photo to share?  If you can answer yes to any of those questions, please leave a comment, so all can know that he has not been forgotten.

 

1 comment:

Nico Guzman said...

Did I know Gerasimo Arroyo-Baez?
I wish I could say yes to this answer. I never got the chance to meet him. You see Sergeant First Class Arroyo-Baez is the uncle I never had the pleasure of meeting. He died less than a month after my birth.

Dear Uncle (Tio) Gerasimo,
Bendiciones y que Dios te guarde.
May God watch over you.
I'm honored to know that you are my uncle. Estoy orgulloso que eres mi tío. Gracias por tu sacrificio.
Thank you for your sacrifice.

Many blessings,
Muchas bendiciones,

Nico Damian Guzman
US Navy Veteran
www.NicoGuzman.com