Victor Joe Apodaca Missing in Action Vietnam June 8, 1967

Victor Joe Apodaca

Major

Unit: 389th Tactical Fighter Squadron 

Date of Birth: 31-May-37
Date of Death: 8-Jun-67
City: Englewood
State: CO

Notes: Major Apodaca was a member of the 389th Tactical Fighter Squadron, 366th Tactical Fighter Wing, Da Nang, South Vietnam. On June 8, 1967, he was flight commander of a McDonnell Douglas Phantom II Fighter (F-4C) on and armed reconnaissance about 22 miles northeast of Dong Hoi, North Vietnam. The aircraft was hit by hostile fire and crashed. His remains were recovered on April 27, 1989. His name is inscribed on the Courts of the Missing at the Honolulu Memorial. For more information see: http://www.taskforceomegainc.org/a020.htm

Did you know Victor Joe Apodaca? Did you serve with him? Did you wear his bracelet? Do you have a story of him or photo to share?  If you can answer yes to any of those questions, please leave a comment, so all can know that he has not been forgotten.

5 comments:

Julia Simon said...

I just wanted you to know that my dad, Barry Simon, wore Victor Apodaca's POW bracelet as a teen in the late 60's. I had no idea what these bracelets were until my parents told me about them tonight, and my dad showed me Mr. Apodaca's bracelet. He still has it after all these years. My dad served in the Navy during Vietnam. I wanted to let you know that Mr. Apodaca's service and sacrifice are not forgotten. Thank you.

The Reptile Guy said...

Julia,

Thanks so much for sharing your story. Please thank your dad for his service for me. We owe him and those who served with him a great debt.

Anonymous said...

I wore his bracelet for many years. Finally..I sent it to his son a few years ago. God bless him and his family. Hero.

Dody said...

Dody~ I wore his bracelet in high school and have thought of him often. I thank him and others for their selfless service to our country. May Freedom reign.

Dody said...

Dody~ I wore his bracelet in high school and have thought of him often. I thank him and others for their selfless service to our country. May Freedom reign.