Richard Duane Appelhans Missing in Action Veitnam October 16, 1967 12th Tactical Reconnaissance Squadron

Richard Duane Appelhans 

Lieutenant Colonel

Unit: 12th Tactical Reconnaissance Squadron 

Date of Birth: 29-Oct-37
Date of Death: 16-Oct-67
City: Dodson
State: MT

Notes: Lieutenant Colonel Appelhans was a member of the 12th Tactical Reconnaissance Squadron. On October 16, 1967, he was the pilot of a McDonnell Phantom II Reconnaissance Fighter (RF-4C) on a reconnaissance flight over Saravane Province, Laos. Radio contact was lost. His remains were not recovered. His name is inscribed on the Courts of the Missing at the Honolulu Memorial. For more information see: http://www.taskforceomegainc.org/a022.htm

Did you know Richard Duane Appelhans? Did you serve with him? Did you wear his bracelet? Do you have a story of him or photo to share?  If you can answer yes to any of those questions, please leave a comment so all can know he has not been forgotten. 

4 comments:

Dottie Price said...

My name is Dottie Price and I currently am wearing a MIA/POW bracelet for LtCol Richard D. Appelhans and will continue to wear it until further notice or information for my hero is received. If anyone can enlighten me further on his status, it would be deeply appreciated.

RavingAngel41 said...

My Name is Carla Simpson and I as well am currently wearing a MIA/POW bracelet for LtCol Richard D. Appelhans and will continue to wear it until I have knowledge as to what is happening to bring back this brave man. Any information will mean alot to me.

Anonymous said...

My name is Maureen Powers and I proudly wear the bracelet for 03 Richard Duane Applehans.

Musbea1964 said...

My name is Peter Stark and I also am wearing Lt Col Richard D. Appelhans POW/MIA bracelet. As Carla, Dottie and Maureen stated above I too will always wear his bracelet until we receive further information or confirmation of his fate is confirmed and verified.

May God give him peace, rest and comfort in whatever his situation may be. Lt Col Appelhans and his family are and will always be in my daily thoughts and prayers.