Lieutenant Vietnam War Letter March 6, 1968

This letter was written by a Lieutenant who was in Vietnam when he wrote the letter, March 6, 1968. From the letter…..

   Sorry that I didn’t ‘write to you last night as I said I would. I felt extremely tired last night and decided to go to bed, early. As it turned out, I’m glad I did since for the send night in a row we were attacked. They dragged us out of bed at 3:30 AM. The little battle lasted until 6:00 AM so I wasn’t able to go back to bed. The VC try but they haven’t succeeded in doing much damage yet. I hope it stays that way.
   I feel extremely far from you today. With the hours I’ve been keeping, the little night attacks we get and the fact that I still haven’t received any mail, all add to what seems to be a big dream. I hope that some day I can wake up and you will be in my arms.
   The weather is starting to get warmer now. I suppose in a fe weeks it will be unbearably hot. Not really. I think I can bear almost anything as long as you are in my dreams.
   Well, how is everything your way? I would probably have more to say if the mail ever got here but since it hasn’t I can’t really correspond with you.
   Flash-- 130 days until R and R. Say that reminds me. I can be very flexible with my request for R and R. Why don’t you let me know which week after the middle of June will best suit you, OK?

All my love,  

No comments: