1st Lt. Vietnam War Letter May 16, 1968


This letter was written by a 1st Lt. who was in Vietnam, May 16, 1968. From the letter.....

   I’m sorry to hear that neither of my parents will be able to accompany you to Hawaii.
   I have some bad news for you. I have tried on two occasions to get a call through but the station can’t seem to pick up the U.S. I thought I better tell you this so you don’t get to upset if you don’t’ get a call. I’ll continue to try. Keep your fingers crossed.
   To change the subject, here is a little sorry about a confused bus driver. The Hotel Astor hired a new bus driver and instructed him to meet all trains at the Pennsylvania Station and announce in a loud voice, “Free bus to the Hotel Astor”. Enroute to the station he kept repeating to himself, free bus to the Hotel Astor. Upon arrival of the first train, he became confused and suddenly yelled, “free ass at the Hotel Buster, I mean free Hotel at the bust your Astor, I  mean bust your ass at the Hotel Freezer. I mean freeze your ass at the Hotel Bastard, Free hotel ass buster, I mean kiss my ass you bastard and take the street car, I quit. I hope you enjoyed that. I got a kick out of it.
   Please don’t forget to bring my sprortcoat, tie, and American Express Credit Card. OK?
   I sure wish I could be at your graduation. Even halfway around the world I feel extremely proud of you. Here is a kiss for being so wonderful. X
   I am extremely aware of the fact that I have written a whole page and part of another one.

All my love,

No comments: