Terry Lanier Alford Missing in Action Vietnam War November 4, 1969

Terry Lanier Alford 

Warrant Officer, Third Class

Unit: 281st Aviation Company 

Date of Birth: 22-Oct-47
Date of Death: 4-Nov-69
City: Pasadena
State: TX

Notes: Warrant Officer, Third Class Alford was a member of 281st Aviation Company, 17th Aviation Group, 1st Aviation Brigade. On November 4, 1969, he was the aircraft commander of a Bell Iroquois Utility Helicopter (UH-1H) on a combat support mission in South Vietnam. On returning to Nha Trang from Duc Lap contact was lost when the aircraft was near Duc My Pass. His remains were not recovered. His name is inscribed on the Courts of the Missing at the Honolulu Memorial. For more information see: http://mia.leehiller.com/Memorial4.html

Did you know Terry Lanier Alford? Did you serve with him? Did you wear his bracelet? Do you have a story of him or photo to share?  If you can answer yes to any of those questions, please leave a comment, so all can know that he has not been forgotten.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have the bracelet with terrys name on it from the time I was just a kid back in the seventies....when I visited DC I saw his name on the vietnam memorial ...and said a prayer to bless his soul and all the other who senselessly lost their lives in that war. God Bless.

Anonymous said...

I was just now looking at my bracelet with Terry Alford's name and decided to check once again for any information. I am so sorry there is none, but if Terry's family is reading this, I want them to know that I have never forgotten him. I visited Vietnam when my daughter taught there several years ago, and Terry's name remains in my heart. Blessings on you.