Missing in Action Humberto Acosta-Rosario Vietnam August 22, 1968

Humberto Acosta-Rosario

Staff Sergeant

Unit: 1st Battalion, 5th Infantry, 25 Infantry Division 

Date of Birth: 15-Jan-47
Date of Death: 22-Aug-68
City: Mayaguez
State: PR

Notes: Staff Sergeant Acosta-Rosario was a machine gunner with B Company, 1st Battalion, 5th Infantry, 25 Infantry Division. On August 22, 1968, he was on reconnaissance near the Ben Cui rubber plantation, Tay Ninh Province, South Korea. When his unit came under fire he was listed as Missing in Action. His remains were not recovered. His name is inscribed on the Courts of the Missing at the Honolulu Memorial.

For more information see: 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humberto_Acosta-Rosario

Did you know Humberto Acosta-Rosario? Did you serve with him? Did you wear his bracelet? Do you have a story of him or photo to share?  If you can answer yes to any of those questions, please leave a comment so all can know he has not been forgotten.

 

 

14 comments:

meghannyc said...

I wore Humberto Acosta Rosario's bracelet for many, many years.

Anonymous said...

I still wear SSG Humberto Acosta-Rosario's bracelet and I will until he returns to Puerto Rico. I will take it off and place it in the ground with him. SSG Acosta we remember you and we are waiting for your return home.

SFC G.
US Army Retired

Anonymous said...

I just received SSGT Humberto Acosta-Rosario's bracelet today. I will wear it proudly and humbley until he is returned home.

J Campbell - Tx

juan carlos said...

I've been wearing SSgt Acosta-Rosario'S bracelet for a couple years and will do until he comes home. Espero que llegue ese dia pronto.(I hope that day come soon)

SSgt Juan C Avila
USMC

Anonymous said...

I currently wear his bracelet - proudly.

Марко Фризия said...

I have been wearing his bracelet since 1988. I still wear it and wore it the entire time I served in the U.S. Army. I haven't forgotten him and never will.

Anonymous said...

I wore Humberto Acosta Rosario's bracelet in the 70's. Being of Hispanic origin myself, I requested an Hispanic's POW/MIA bracelet. I regret to say I have long since lost the bracelet, but I have never forgotten his name. I am glad to find this website and pay tribute to an American hero. Que Dios lo tenga en Su gloria!May he be in God's company...

artworks said...

I am wearing Humberto Acosta Rosario's bracelet in honor of him and his family and the sacrifices both have made and continue doing so.

I will continue doing so until he's found.

Barbara

LINDYP38 said...

I wear his bracelet.......

LINDYP38 said...

I wear his bracelet.....my mom is from Mayaguez......her maiden name is Rosario....My name is Mario Acosta

Aracelis Acosta said...

Mi tio,mi heroe!!! Aun mising in action!!

Aracelis Acosta said...

Mi tio,mi heroe!!! Asi murio mi padre Jose A.Acosta Rosario,,esperando el regreso d su hermano,Cuco!!! Wao!! U.S.A lo dieron x muerto y cerraron el caso!! Ojala algun dia aparescas o saber q realmente fue de ti,,para q la familia pueda continuar sin tan grande espera y dolor!!

A. R. Anderson said...

I wore his bracelet for several years in the 1970s as a teenager but could never find out much about him. Now all these years later, I came across it in one of my old childhood chests and though I would look his name up on the internet as I could not all those years ago. I am so glad I found out more about him and his service. I will now start praying again that he is found and brought home.

A.R. Anderson
Nov 7, 2015

Jim said...

I have worn his bracelet since 1987 when I was stationed at Ft Polk LA. I continue to wear it today in memory of all those who who are missing. I had the privilege of talking to his niece who who was the girlfriend of my CQ runner back in 88.