Lt.'s Letter from Vietnam July 25, 1968

This letter was written by a Lt. in Vietnam, July 25, 1968. From the letter…..

   What a day this has been. I really worked today and accomplished something. That’s two days in a row. Amazing.
   Tomorrow should be another good one with an inspection of my troops in the evening. The poor bastards (gross aren’t I?)
   I received applications for employment from Daving Trust Company on Wall Street in New York and Proctor and Gamble. They didn’t quote any salaries so I’m gong to follow through with the applications to see what they offer.
   Daving Trust sounds good but it would require living in N.Y. city. I really don’t have much desire for hat. What about you? Anyway honey, I’ll keep you posted as I make my applications.
   The picture you received with the letter was taken north of Tuy Hoa looking back at the city, in case you were wondering.
   If you are surprised at what a couple of these cards say, remember they are only in jest. I know you wouldn’t think of anything else but I feel better saying it.
   My house girl asked me to buy her a couple of tubes of pimple cream for her today. It seems these Vietnamese use this as make up. It smells good and covers the spots.
   Well, honey I’m at the end of another letter

All my love,


No comments: