Lieutenant Veitnam War Letter August 25, 1968

This letter was written by a 1st Lieutenant, who was in Vietnam, August 25, 1968. From the letter…..

   I have some bad news for you. I didn’t write last night. I was a bad boy and drank too much. We had a show at the club which was really good. I laughed so hard at times, I had sore stomach muscles this morning.
   Today being Sunday was pretty quiet. I worked this morning and spent the afternoon on the beach. What a fool, my back really hurts.
   Yesterday, I took an interesting little trip to a place north of Tuy Hoa. I was convoy commander, with a troop movement mission. We moved a company of infantry troops out of the field so they could be air lifted to an area which was under intense hostile fire. I hope I don’t get many more jobs like that. I’m getting too short to be running around in Charlie country. Right?
    Well, honey, how is everything going for you on the home front? Is everybody still telling you what you ought to do and at the same time saying it’s your decision? No sweat, in four months it will be all over and after the dust settles it will be just you and me.
    I received another letter from on of the companies I applied for a job at. They wish to interview me. This job is fairly good, the company will pay all tuition for advanced education and with the job comes a company car. I’ll try to set up an interview before our wedding since they have offices in Chicago.
   There is one question which continu3s to plague me, and I don’t have an answer for it. When we return from our honeymoon, where are we going live? Have you thought about this? What are your suggestions? Maybe I shouldn’t be too concerned, but the little matter really bothers me. I think it’s because it’s the only question I can’t come up with an answer for.
   Well, I have again come to the point in my letter when I have nothing else to say except I love you.

All my love,

No comments: