Harry Arlo Amesbury Jr. Missing in Action April 26, 1972

Harry Arlo Amesbury Jr. 

Major

Unit: 345th Tactical Airlift Squadron 

Date of Birth: 13-Feb-32
Date of Death: 26-Apr-72
City: Morrison
State: IL

Notes: Major Amesbury was a member of the 345th Tactical Airlift Squadron, Tan Son Nhut Air Base, South Vietnam. On April 26, 1972, he was the pilot of a Lockheed Hercules Transport (C-130E) making a night drop of supplies to South Vietnamese troops at An Loc about 65 miles from Saigon. As the aircraft approached the drop zone, it was hit by enemy fire and crashed. His remains were recovered on November 14, 1991. His name is inscribed on the Courts of the Missing at the Honolulu Memorial. For more information see: http://taskforceomegainc.org/a363.htm

Did you know Harry Arlo Amesbury Jr.? Did you serve with him? Did you wear his bracelet? Do you have a story of him or photo to share?  If you can answer yes to any of those questions, please leave a comment so all can know he has not been forgotten.

4 comments:

diana P said...

I have a POW bracelet for Maj Harry Amesbury, Jr. I am wondering if the family would like the bracelet. Not sure where to go from here...

pizzamar said...


I have his bracelet I aquired in early 80's from my friends at Nam Vets. I have worn it all these years and will continue to do so. My children are aware of it's importance,and what it stands for. They have asked it be willed so one of them can continue to wear it and carry on his memory !

sincerly
Gary A. Marine son of
Ret.1st Sgt. H.D. Marine USMC
Vietnam Vet.

pizzamar said...


I have his bracelet I aquired in the early 80's.I have worn it ever since and will continue to do so.My children know what it stands for and it's importance. They have asked it be willed to one of them,so they can wear it and continue his memory!

sincerly,
Gary A. Marine son of
Ret. 1st SGT. H.D.Marine USMC
Vietnam Vet.

The Reptile Guy said...

Thanks so much for remembering.