Harold Lowell Algaard Missing in Action Vietnam War March 4, 1971

Harold Lowell Algaard 

Warrant Officer, First Class

Unit: 138th Aviation Company 

Date of Birth: 27-Jul-48
Date of Death: 4-Mar-71
City: Fosston
State: MN

Notes: Warrant Officer, First Class Algaard was a member of the 138th Army Security Agency (ASA) Company, 224th ASA Battalion, U.S. Army Security Group. On March 4, 1971, he was the co-pilot of a Beech Ute Test Aircraft (JU-21A) on a combat mission over the Demilitarized Zone over North Vietnam when contact was lost. His remains were not recovered. His name is inscribed on the Courts of the Missing at the Honolulu Memorial. For more information see: http://www.pownetwork.org/bios/a/a355.htm

Did you know Harold Lowell Algaard? Did you serve with him? Did you wear his bracelet? Do you have a story of him or photo to share?  If you can answer yes to any of those questions, please leave a comment, so all can know that he has not been forgotten.

1 comment:

Lynette said...

I have never met Harold Algaard. I have a bracelet with another heros name on it,but tonight it broke in half so I found the site to have another made. When I went to replace my broken bracelet I went through the names of the missing. Algaard was from a town fairly close to my hometown, I ordered a bracelet for him. They deserve to be remembered. Breaks my heart that these brave men are slowly being forgotten.