About This Site---Vietnam War Letters

About this site.

   My interest in military correspondence began in 2004, while my son was serving in Afghanistan. I got a letter from “over there”, and after I read it, I was holding it in my hand, and it just suddenly struck me that it was a small piece of history.
   I started to collect some letters, and I decided that I would let others read them. I know at least one High School History class that has used them in a project. I heard from people that are appreciative of the fact that they have been posted. For anyone interested in history, once you start reading them, it is hard to stop.
   I really do love to hear from people who served, or had family who served in Vietnam, so if you have a letter, photos, or stories to share, and would like to have them posted on this site, I would consider it an honor to do it (I may start a special section for that if I get enough of them). I have been lucky enough to be able to thank a number of Vietnam veterans personally for their service, and hope to continue to do so.
   If you have any comments or suggestions about this site, feel free to contact me at Heroletters@aol.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this site.Really different.I intend to tell a few people about it. That first letter, right out of a movie! Thank you again -

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much for visiting. And thanks for spreading the word. The greatest thing we can do for those who served, is to remember them.