1st Lt. Vietnam War Letter January 24, 1968 Tigers and Elephants

This letter was written by a 1st Lt., who was in Vietnam, January 24, 1968. From the letter…..

   Only 316 days to go. Time is marching on. December 28 will be here before you know it.
   Well, love, how did your grades turn out? I’m anxious to hear how you did.
   Today was another one of those days. I think you know what I mean. I even sat down and typed my own work today just to have something to do. I imagine one of these days I’ll get so much work I won’t know what to do. I doubt it though.
   Did I ever tell you that there are tigers and elephants over here. Well there are. I haven’t’ seen any myself but I have seen tracks of a tiger. I hope I never run into one just between you and I.
   I am in a real mellow mood right now. I wish I had a poem for you. No such luck. I can’t even find the words to tell you how I feel. I never thought love would make me feel the way I do. I don’t know whether it’s good or bad.
   Well, I have only my usual closing now.

All my love,


No comments: