1st Lieutenant's Vietnam War Letter February 16, 1968

This letter was written by a 1st Lt. who was in Vietnam February 16, 1968. From the letter…..

   You wouldn’t guess what I’m doing right now. Well, I’m sitting here writing this letter and munching on C-rations. These are the only kind of snacks at our disposal. They are real good.
   I have an idea. At least for a while, I will send you one picture with each letter. This will give me something to write about and at the same time, I think should enjoy the pictures.
   Today’s picture was taken on Highway #1. You have probably heard of this highway. Ti is the main north and south route. It goes from Hanoi to Saigon and runs along the coast. This is the highway we drove up from Cam Ranh to Tuy Hoa on. In the picture you can see some Vietnamese soldiers and my jeep. Note all the kids in the background. 
   Be sure and save these pictures. I’d like to see them again.
   Well, my mother sent me a list of people she wants to invite to the wedding. I haven’t had time to look it over but it sure looks like a lot of people at a glance.
   I want to tell you again, anything that you think I might be able to help you decide on please write and ask me. Don’t feel you are bothering me. That goes for everything. All I have left to say is that you are always in my thoughts day and night.

All my love,

No comments: